10 Ways to Use Self-Hypnosis #7: Help Yourself Lose Weight
10 Ways to Use Self-Hypnosis: #7 Help Yourself Lose Weight
If you want to lose weight, it needs to be a strong desire and you must be willing to help yourself lose weight as if you were helping someone else you love. Strong desire and knowing you are doing it for your health are important.
Being sure you’re not feeling badly about your body and trying to lose weight to please someone else are essential.
Self Hypnosis is a great way to train yourself to eat less and stay on course. Make a recording to listen to on a daily basis as instructed below.
Here are some suggestions for you to record.
- I am grateful for this body and love myself no matter what size I happen to be.
- My strong desire to lose weight will stay with me throughout the process.
- I can visualize my body the way I prefer it to be and I’m realistic.
- I am learning about the foods that serve me and those that don’t.
- I pay attention to my body when I am full. I stop eating at the first sign of feeling full.
- I put my utensils down between bites.
- I chew thoroughly.
- When I find myself forgetting how to proceed, I write down my objectives and my own suggestions to record and listen to.
- I listen to this recording every day.
- I love my new way of eating.
- I succeed at everything I put my mind to.
At the end…come back feeling refreshed 5…4…3…2…1…
Repetition is important to the success of hypnosis and self-hypnosis as you may change your mind now and then and repetition of the suggestions will convince your unconscious that you are serious.
It’s important to quiet the conscious mind in order to allow the unconscious mind to learn the suggestions given it . The very first thing to do when learning and implementing self-hypnosis is to develop an effective relaxation process works easily and quickly for you.
I recommend you learn this:
- Breathe in to the count of 8, hold for 8 and exhale to the count of 16. The exhale is most important. Repeat 3 times and feel the comfort and relaxation.
- If you need to relax even more to quiet your conscious mind, imagine a healing light entering through your toes and relaxing every muscle all the way to the top of your head. Be sure to do this slowly and thoroughly.
Make a recording:
- When you record the above, speak normally and don’t let little mistakes stop you.
- The idea is to have the recording for use on a daily basis to provide repetition of your suggestions.
- Ideally, you’ll create and record your own suggestions.