Life Coach Portland, OR: How to Develop a Better Attitude Toward Aging
How to Develop a Better Attitude Toward Aging
We know that from a cultural point of view, we could learn to develop a better attitude toward our elderly citizens. But what about the attitude we have toward our own aging?
Clients come to me for help with their self-confidence and it’s not unusual to discover they are afraid of getting older.
Men and women are equally afraid of growing older and benefit from taking a look at the details of their fears.
A fear of aging can undermine your self-confidence.
- Breathe in to the count of 8, hold for 8 and exhale to the count of 16.
- Repeat 3 times.
- What is great about being the ‘age’ you are now? Write down everything you like about now.
- How would you like to be when you are older?
- What would the details of life be like if you were this older version of you? Remember, be specific.
- Is there an older person you admire?
- Write down the details of why you admire them.
- Consider using self-hypnosis to begin to change your perceptions about aging.
- How would you be as a person if you didn’t have an aversion to becoming older?
- Do you know anyone who has died at a young age, and if so, do you think they’d enjoy growing older?
CLICK HERE to schedule a free Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/
or call 503.805.6595