Name it and Let it Go
When you feel your mind is chattering and distracting you, it can be helpful to try the following method:
- Get into a comfortable sitting position. You don’t have to sit on a hard chair or in any particular position, but you don’t want to be reclining. Reclining may cause you to fall asleep. Falling asleep is great if that’s your goal.
- Once you’re settled, begin to breathe in and out in a relaxed way.
- You’ll want to pay more attention to your exhale than your inhale. Following the exhale without forcing it is best.
- Begin to notice the rhythm of your breathing and are then able to follow the exhale; you can feel more relaxed.
- As you relax, notice the tangle of thoughts and images rushing through your mind. Monkey mind.
- The trick is to not resist these thoughts and images but to name them.
- Easiest is to name them ‘thinking’ and return to noticing your breath.
- Mindful attention to your breath along with labeling the thoughts will help you let go.
Just let go.
CLICK HERE to schedule a free Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/