Life Coaching, NLP & Hypnosis Portland Oregon: 5 Steps toward Great Communication: Step #2: Begin with Your Childhood
Life Coaching, NLP & Hypnosis Portland Oregon: 5 Steps toward Great Communication:
Step #2: Begin with Your Childhood
If you haven’t yet done the work of improving your communication you might want to start taking the time to consider that many of our ‘filters” creating beliefs and values are formed before the age of 7 or 8.
In general, you believed what your parents or influencing others told you. You also believed what you saw and naturally this was without the advantage of experience or reflection.
You can spend your whole life working with the values and beliefs formed at this stage.
When you begin to focus on others and recognize their values and beliefs I imagine you can recognize whether they seem formed during childhood or based on beliefs and values that have been considered and revised.
Studying others is helpful for you to begin to see yourself more completely. Not just by making comparisons, but by naturally reconsidering behaviors and values that you use automatically.
You do have a choice to change but you have to put the work in.
- Breathe in to the count of 6, hold for 6 and exhale to your internal count of 12.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Now that you’re relaxed, make sure you’re in a comfortable position.
- Look up to the corner of the ceiling above you and focus on that point.
- Consider what you value. No need to make it heavy, just think about the things and qualities that are important to you.
- Ask yourself if they are yours or do they belong to your mother.
- If they belong to your mother (and you’d like to have your own), you have a great opportunity here.
- How , with the experiences you’ve had in your life so far, will you change that belief or value? Take your time.
- Once you’ve settled on a change, make the change very clear.
Practice and repetition are essential to change.
CLICK HERE for a Free Hypnotherapy Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/