Life Coach Portland, Oregon: How to Have an Attitude of Expectation
How to Have an Attitude of Expectation
Clients come to me with feelings of hopelessness and depression. I ask them questions that help them understand where they stand on the idea of maintaining an attitude of expectation.
You can use this simple techniques to keep a positive approach to your attitude.
- Breathe easily, paying attention to the even flow of air and the rhythm of your heartbeat.
- Notice when you’re feeling comfortable and relaxed.
- Recall a time when you felt engaged and successful.
- Note the details of this experience; colors, brightness, sunny, cloudy and note where in your body you feel good about this recollection.\
- Once you’ve located it in your body, you can refer to that sensation and location again and again to create a sense of control over your attitude. Notice how it represents your experience.
- As you approach something new, recall the sensation you had with your positive memory.
- Feel this sensation as intensely as you’re able and use it when you are approaching something new.
- Understand that having an attitude of positive expectation will influence your experiences. You’ll be more open and able to discern the value of your possibilities.
CLICK HERE to schedule a free Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/or call 503.805.6595