Life Coach, NLP & Hypnosis, Portland, Oregon: 5 Steps Toward Great Communication: Step # 5: Improving Self-Talk and Communication
Life Coach, NLP & Hypnosis, Portland, Oregon:5 Steps Toward Great Communication: Step # 5: Improving Self-Talk and Communication
Improving your self-talk can be easy and fun. First you must identify it and have a strong feeling that you’d like to make a change.
Once you’ve defined it, be clear about what you want.
- Breathe in to the count of 6, hold the breath for 6 and exhale slowly to your internal count of 12.
- Feel the increase in relaxation and focus.
- Consider what control you’d like to have of your internal dialogue.
- Understand that it’s possible to change and direct it.
- Begin by noticing the activities, tasks of the day that went the way you wanted and find a simple way to praise yourself. ‘Good job’.
- ‘Good job’ may be overused, but it says it. I say ‘good job’ to myself after completing a task and I feel refreshed by it and a freedom to continue to the next thing.
- What could you say to yourself that is helpful?
- Be a good parent to yourself. A good teacher.
- Make corrections when necessary, but don’t dwell on the negative stuff.
- When a criticism comes, say ‘cancel, cancel’…and move on…
By improving how and what you say to yourself, you’ll improve your communication with others.
CLICK HERE for a Free Hypnotherapy Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/