Choosing the Right Work
When clients come to me for help making their transition from disliking their work to finding meaningful work, I start with their values.
Values are not always clear to us and run in the background, trance-like if you don’t sit down and squarely look at what and how you have built your values.
Regarding work and values, it may come as a surprise to you that applying those values you use for your ‘life’ also apply to work. It makes sense, since we work many hours each day to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table.
What values are important to you regarding ‘work’?
- Breathe in to the count of 8, hold for 8 and exhale to the count of 16.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Now that you feel more relaxed, begin to consider what’s important to you.
I would ask you:
- What do you value most in your daily life?
- If you said peacefulness, write that down.
- Next ask yourself if there’s anything else that stands out…
- You might say, feeling good at the end of the day.
- Good, write that down…
- This process takes longer than we have time for in this brief post, but the idea is to build a list of ‘feelings’ and ‘qualities’.
- Once you’ve built this list, check to see if there is consistency and then you’re on your way to matching your work with your true being.
Self Hypnosis is always helpful
CLICK HERE for a Free Hypnotherapy Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/