Life Coach, Hypnotherapy and NLP Portland, OR: 8 Ways to Improve Your Focus
8 Ways to Improve Your Focus
People naturally seek freshness or novelty in life. The brain is doing most of the work for us to pay attention, but to focus on something for any length of time, that something needs to have a variety of qualities.
When trying to improve your focus, try this:
- Breathe in to the count of 6, hold for 6 and exhale to 12.
- Repeat 3 times. Now that you’re relaxed, be sure you’re in a comfortable position.
- Be sure you have a precise idea of what focus means to you.
- Practice focusing by looking at something for a brief time and writing down what you see, what you noticed.
- Now look again with the idea of seeing something different. Write this down.
- Look at least one more time to notice something else that you can write down.
- Realize you’ve just deepened your focus. Soon you won’t need to write down anything as your ability improves.
- Distract yourself for a few moments and then recall the object of your focus. Notice what you recall. Is it more detailed than usual? Practice!
CLICK HERE to schedule a free Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/or call 503.805.6595