Hypnotherapy Portland, Oregon: Parts Continued
I ended the last post with the statement about ‘parts’ where we might make a decision from a child-like state and then feel conflict as our adult selves judge and criticize the decision.
- You may think of yourself as essentially realistic but also having parts that can be creative or critical.
- You may talk about yourself as feeling essentially confident and powerful but also having parts that make you feel doubtful or vulnerable.
- You may see yourself enjoying a few days off from work, but have an inner voice which nags at you that this is not a good idea.
- From the NLP point of view, your conflict arises in ‘seeing’ the break from work and ‘hearing’ your inner voice nagging at you.
- It is natural for us to drift from one state of awareness to another…but when there is incongruence, we feel uncomfortable.
- Would it be better if we could see the break from work and also see the value of being away from work?
- Weighing the two points of view can be helpful.
Phone Coaching: 503.284.4338 Free 1/2 Hour Consultation