Why You Might Want to Be a Good Listener
You might want to be a good listener so that your life is enriched by others. If you don’t have good listening skills you will miss a number of valuable things:
- How others express themselves can be an enjoyable discovery.
- Are they emphatic, dramatic, melodramatic, funny, serious, dour, bored, depressed etc…?
- Are they clear, concise and to the point?
- Do they motivate you in any way?
- Do you feel motivated to speak as they do?
- Do you come away thinking in a different way?
- Are they inspiring, annoying, imploring you to do something you do/don’t want to do?
- Modeling others speech patterns can improve your ability to communicate.
- You can improve your vocabulary with better listening.
Are there other things you might miss when you don’t listen?
Phone Coaching: 503.284.4338 Free ½ Hour Consultation