What are You Paying Attention to While Listening?
You can’t really be listening if you remain in a trance throughout the day. We all spend time in a daydream or trance and can only listen if we wake up from this state and become focused on the speaker.
If you know you’re not in a trance and you still can’t focus on the speaker, your friend, your sweetheart, then you have to exert some self control.
- Notice the energy of the speaker.
- What tense are they using, listen for ‘was’, ‘is’, ‘will be’?
- Can you tell if they’ve given the subject some thought?
- Do you think they’ve said it before?
- Are they comfortable in their body?
- Are you comfortable?
- If you have trouble focusing, to what are you paying attention?
Phone Coaching: 503.284.4338 Free ½ Hour Consultation