Life Coach, Hypnosis and NLP Portland, Oregon : Breathing Rule
Life Coach, Hypnosis and NLP Portland, Oregon: Breathing Rule
It bears repeating that learning to use your breath to improve focus and relaxation is a rule of good health. Try to make a habit of mindful breathing:
- Sit comfortably with your feet on the floor and hands in your lap.
- Close your eyes.
- Pay attention to your breath as you inhale.
- Say to yourself on the inhale “in”.
- Pay attention to the breath as you exhale.
- Say to yourself on the exhale “out”.
Rinse and repeat.
You decide the length of your session as you make it a daily habit.
Steve Stork -
Seems very simple, but it’s amazing how simply paying attention to your breathing; and of course that’s what you’re doing as you quietly say In and Out; provides a sense of self-control. The next step for me was to play around with the length of each breath, making some longer and some shorter.