Life Coach Portland, Oregon: Anxiety Control: 6 Steps
Life Coach Portland, Oregon : Anxiety Control: 6 Steps
Believe it or not, whether you feel you have a problem with anxiety or a troublesome habit of worrying too much, there are at least 6 steps you can take to feel better:
- A negative, un-resourceful pattern of thinking isn’t permanent and the neural pathway associated to this pattern will eventually dissolve as you take control of your behavior (and build a new pathway).
- If you rely on the old pathway, you can expect yourself to respond in the same old ways to the stressful things in your life.
- ‘Attention’ has proven to be necessary for change to occur. Whatever you pay attention to influences you to continuously choose and create how your ever-changing mind will work.
- You choose who you will be and how you will respond.
- What you pay attention to creates change. The smallest step toward paying attention to something more resourceful or pleasurable, will begin to alter the old pathway and create a new neural pathway.
- The potential for changing the way you respond to life, your inner thoughts and outside stimulation is enormous.
Training yourself to eliminate general anxiety takes practice, practice and more practice.