Naming Things Can Cause Trouble
Clients come to me to help them eliminate behavior and habits that they feel are keeping them from accomplishing their goals.
It’s useful to take a look at how you talk to yourself and become aware of how and what you name those things that you find troublesome:
- Breathe in to the count of 8, hold for 8 and exhale to a 16 count.
- Repeat 3 times.
- You should be feeling more relaxed.
- Choose one phrase or word you use that isn’t resourceful. This could be scolding yourself whenever you drop something and saying , maybe muttering to yourself, ‘so clumsy’.
- Using this as an example, imagine all the times you were in situations where you weren’t dropping things.
- Recalling these situations refreshes the mind.
- You can stop calling yourself ‘clumsy’ by noticing something about picking up the dropped item that was not clumsy.
- You could call that flexible. ( I’m so flexible when I pick up things).
- Naming behavior in a negative way isn’t helpful.
By using relaxation and self-hypnosis, you can begin to rid yourself of limiting behavior.
Sometimes when you expect to be ‘clumsy’ you can’t understand any other way to see yourself.
CLICK HERE to schedule a free Consultation https://www.imaginechanges.com/contact/