Hypnosis, NLP+ Life Coaching Portland, Oregon: Paying Closer Attention
Paying Closer Attention
Clients come to me feeling muddled and unable to focus. I often suggest that paying closer attention to the details of their lives will help them feel better.
- Breathe in to the count of 8, hold for 8 and exhale to 16.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Continue being aware of your breath, but don’t count.
- Consider feeling muddled. How do you make it this way?
- One answer might be ‘ I start thinking about what I need to do and my mind won’t settle on a single thing”
- It’s good practice to understand how you put yourself into a state of mind.
- Once you identify it, you’ll have a better chance of gaining focus and more control.
- Take a single aspect of how you’re feeling, and focus on using this very small step toward lifting it and carrying it away.
Paying attention to your breath and taking very small steps are 2 essentials to improving focus.