Hypnosis, NLP +Life Coach Portland, Oregon: Another Great Way to Be Your Own Best Friend
Another Great Way to Be Your Own Best Friend
I tell my clients that another great way to be your own best friend, along with writing in a journal, is to sit quietly and try this:
- Breathe in to the count of 8, hold for 8 and exhale to your internal count of 16.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Now that you are relaxed and comfortable, remember a time when you were a happy child.
- Think of one specific time and see yourself.
- Imagine that this happy child-self is sitting next to you.
- What is she thinking?
- How does she feel?
- Hold her close and tell her how life is now that you’re a grown-up.
- She’ll be a good listener. Feel the safety and trust.
- You may be able to apply these qualities to another friend and feel the strength.