How to Listen Attentively
1. Stop talking.
2. Quiet your inner talk.
3. Be sure your tongue is relaxed and jaw unclenched.
4. Turn off your ipod/mp3.
5. Allow yourself to form pictures from whatever you’re listening to.
6. Focus and trust that you’re able to give your full attention to whatever you’re listening to.
7. Be free of judgment, this way you’ll hear everything; you can form opinions later.
8. Pay attention to their body language.
9. Show the person that you’re paying attention with your body language or with appropriate sounds such as, ‘yes’, ‘I see’, ‘wow’, ‘what’?
10. Be quick to respond if they ask a question.
11. Don’t be thinking about what you’re going to say next.
12. Let yourself go into a hypnotic state and enjoy.
Ask Imagine Changes:
Question: What’s body language? I didn’t know my body could speak.
Imagine Changes: Body language is posture and gesture. Sometimes your body speaks louder than your voice.