How to Be Heard
- Be silent for just a brief moment. Engage with your listener visually.
- Use the word ‘I’ and own your statements.
- Be conscious of the words you use. This takes practice but it is fun to try to convey your point of view by using the right words.
- The ‘right words’ will be determined by your attitude. Feeling serious? Feeling humorous? Feeling passionate? There are choices to be made.
- Be sure to give the conversation your full attention. No multi-tasking.
- Thinking the best of your listener (and of yourself) creates optimum focus for both of you.
- Be yourself. This is the best thing you can do for yourself. People recognize the truth. Speak up. People will want to hear you.
Ask Imagine Changes:
Question: I feel anxious when I concentrate on myself. What do you think?
Imagine Changes: It simply takes practice.