Help Control Pain with Music Post
Help Control Pain with Music
- Get yourself into a comfortable position. Check to see if there is tension anywhere in your body and try to relax that area.
- Breathe in to the count of 4, hold to the count of 4 and exhale to the count of 8. Repeat 3 times.
- Imagine a favorite song and hearing it at a loud volume.
- Imagine that the sound represents the pain you feel. Settle into this for as long as you need to.
- Consider turning the music up. If this works, try turning it down!
- You may want to imagine a volume control that regulates the music.
- Adjust the volume control to adjust your pain.
- I’m not sure if you need to make your music louder or softer to control the pain, that’s up to you.
- Some people will change the song, alter it to soothe their pain.
Either way is best.
Ask Imagine Changes:
Question: Can I use just part of a song even if I don’t know the lyrics?
Imagine Changes: Sure, the sound of the music is what’s important.