7 Steps toward Developing a Routine
You can find lots of advice about how to develop a routine. As a personal development coach in Portland, I recommend that they take a good look at what’s working and what’s not working for them right now. Take stock. Try this:
- Be still. Notice where your body is uncomfortable.
- Take a relaxing breath in and exhale any tension or anxiety.
- Give your full attention to how you would like your day to be organized.
- Try breaking the day into segments so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Start with your routine when you awaken. Do you use an alarm or wake up naturally? Do you stretch? Do you jump out of bed?
- Are any of these your routine and if so, how’s it working for you?
- Developing a routine for how, when and why you wake up is the beginning.