6 Steps for Easy Relaxation and Pain Relief
This post is a continuation from the last one. By now you’ve evaluated your commitment to learning self-hypnosis and visualization. Don’t be discouraged. If you benefit from using even one aspect of what I suggest, you’re going to be learning techniques you can use for a lifetime!
- Inhale through your nose, hold for a count of 4, then exhale to a count of 8. Do this 3 times.
- Close your eyes or let them relax, not really focusing on anything.
- Imagine a warm orange light spreading its relaxation over the top of your head, covering your scalp. Really feel this.
- Next, feel the warmth of the light moving its relaxation down around your ears, your forehead, all the little muscles around your eyes, let it flow relaxation down to your jaw, let your jaw relax and let your tongue lie still and relaxed in your mouth.
- You can do the rest: imagine the soothing light flow through the whole body bringing you relaxation and relief from pain. Take your time with each part of your body.
- Now, feel a whoosh of the orange light move through your entire body, from head to toe, taking with it all tension and pain. Imagine this light leaving your body through your toes.
I frequently use this technique if my back feels stiff or my shoulders are pinched. Because I’ve practiced it, I can whoosh the light rapidly.
It works for me every time. I’ve also used it successfully with many clients.